I think Starbucks might have been the first big coffee shop I had heard of, although it was Costa that first took over my local high street (and most of the UK).
I have always been a little anti-Starbucks because I used to work for Costa Coffee, but recently I am being slowly converted. There was a few issues with Costa's allergen in-store procedures not being followed as they should. Whilst Starbucks are not perfect, the label printing system that they have avoids such mistakes, and makes it easier for the barista.
It's really important to remember that if you're unsure what is vegan, just to ask your barista: they are trained intensively to know exactly what you are after and give you coffee advice.
Note: most of the Frappuccinos and festive drinks come with whipped cream. Make sure to ask for the drink to be served without whipped cream OR with the vegan soy whipped cream.
What Coffees and Hot Chocolate are Vegan at Starbucks?
All Starbucks coffees can be veganised, just ask for your preference of milk:
- Flat White
- Cafe Americano
- Caffe Latte
- Caffe Mocha (make sure to ask for it with the vegan whipped cream)
- Cafe Misto
- Strawberry and Vanilla Oat Latte (if served without dairy foam topping)
- Dark Cocoa and Orange Oat Latte
- Blonde Espresso (a lighter roast of coffee)
- Espresso Macchiato
- Latte Macchiato
- Caramel Macchiato
- Filter Coffee
- Classic Hot Chocolate, without cream or with vegan whipped cream topping
- Fudge Brownie Hot Chocolate, without the chocolate whipped cream and fudge sprinkles (both contain milk)
- Berry Hot Chocolate (if served without dairy foam topping)
What Plant Based Milks are available at Starbucks?
- Oat (gluten free)
- Original Nut Blend
What Syrups and Speciality Flavours are Vegan at Starbucks?
- Vanilla Syrup
- Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup
- Hazelnut Syrup
- Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup
- Almond Syrup
- Gingerbread (may be seasonal)
- Mocha Drizzle
- Pumpkin Spice Sauce (seasonal)
Currently, Starbucks are expanding their vegan drinks choice with their Original Nut Blend.
What Non-Coffee Hot Drinks are Vegan at Starbucks?
So what can you drink at Starbucks if you don't like coffee?
- All the Tea and Tea Infusions
- Matcha Tea Latte
- Classic Chai Tea Latte
Is Starbucks Hot Chocolate Vegan?
Yes, it is and they also do a vegan Soya whipped cream topping
What Cold Iced Drinks are Vegan at Starbucks?
- Iced Black Tea and Lemonade
- Iced Green Tea and Lemonade
- All the Iced Teas and Iced Infusions
- Iced Caffe Latte
- Iced Blonde Latte
- Iced Cappuccino (served without dairy foam)
- Berry Iced Cappuccino (served without dairy foam)
- Iced Matcha Tea Latte
- Iced Chai Tea Latte
- Cold Brew Latte
- Vanilla Cold Brew Latte
- Nitro Cold Brew
- Iced Caffe Americano
- Iced Caffe Mocha
- Cool Lime Refresha Drink
- Strawberry Acai Refresha Drink
- Pink Coconut Refresha Drink
- Coffee Frappuccino (ask for it with vegan whipped topping)
- Caramel Frappuccino (ask for it without the caramel drizzle and with vegan whipped topping)
- Mocha Frappuccino (ask for it with vegan whipped topping)
- Espresso Frappuccino
- Java Chip Frappuccino
- Vanilla Cream Frappuccino (ask for it with vegan whipped topping)
- Double Choc Chip Cream Frappuccino (ask for it with vegan whipped topping)
- Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino (ask for it with vegan whipped topping)
- Chocolate Cream Frappuccino (ask for it with vegan whipped topping)
- Matcha Tea and Chai Tea Cream Frappuccinos (ask for them with vegan whipped topping)
What Food is Vegan at Starbucks?
Starbucks are constantly improving their plant based options particularly their breakfast options, but it does depend on what store you visit. I would recommend that if you want to visit a specific store for a cake and a coffee, give them a call first to make sure that they have some vegan options for you.
- Coconut and Lime Cake
- Beyond Meat Breakfast Sandwich
- Turkee and Trimmings Toastie (seasonal)
- Very Merry Beyond Meat Sandwich (seasonal)
- No Meatball Marinara Wrap
- Spinach and Pea Falafel Wrap
- Tu-Nah Sandwich
- Five Grain Oatmeal
- Dark Chocolate Bar
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Cherry and Linseed Crown (pastry)
- Carrot Cake
- Chocolate and Caramel Muffin
- Pecan and Caramel Brownie Slice
- Caramel and Date Cookie
- Peach and Raspberry Overnight Oats
Check out my guide to Vegan food and drinks at Costa Coffee in the UK.