Want to know how to cook using cacao nibs?
Can you bake with cacao nibs? You certainly can!
Click here to read more about Cacao Nibs, and my recipe for Cacao Nib Truffles too!
Cacao Nib Cookies
Light, crisp and with an ethereal taste, these are a sophisticated chocolate cookie.Be warned: these are very, very moreish which is probably in no small part to the pure caffeine in the nibs.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 dozen Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Scales or Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- Greaseproof Paper
- Mixing Spoon
- 115 g Dairy Free Butter or Spread at room temperature
- 110 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 100 g White Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Egg Replacer mixed with 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 130 g Plain Flour
- 100 g Cacao Nibs
- 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the softened spread with the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg replacer and Vanilla.
- Add the sifted flour, salt and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the Nibs.
- Spoon dessertspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between the biscuits.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, depending on how crisp or soft you like your cookies.
- Leave to cool on the sheets and then apply to mouth.