Vegan Cacao Nib Cookies - a simple and elegant cookie, studded with Cacao Nibs perfect for an ice cream sandwich or even a dinner party!
PIN my Easy Cacao Nib Cookies to make later
Want to know how to cook using cacao nibs? Can you bake with cacao nibs? You certainly can!
Not just used as a topping for smoothie bowls or healthy hot chocolates, cacao nibs are also delicious in baked goods, such as cookies or brownies. I wrote in depth about Cacao nibs here, if you're interested in the health benefits, but if you just want to enjoy them for their earthy, dark flavour, then this is the perfect recipe to try!
Please don't go into this recipe expecting the flavour of a normal chocolate chip cookie. Whilst the recipe is a traditional sugar cookie, the flavour and indeed texture of the cacao nib is not. They have an unusual crunchy texture that is not diminished during baking. The flavour is dark, smoky and closest, I suppose, to a very, very dark chocolate.
The cookies themselves are very simple to make, and the sweetness of the dough, is countered delicately by the cacao nibs. I call these my grown-up cookies.
Try my other delicious vegan chocolate/cacao recipes
- Cacao Nib Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Raw Chocolate Brownies with Tahini Icing
- Keto Chocolate Truffles
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cacao Nib Truffles
Cacao Nib Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Scales or Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- Greaseproof Paper
- 115 g Butter Dairy Free, at room temperature
- 110 g Brown Sugar soft
- 100 g White Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon Egg Replacer mixed with 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 130 g Plain Flour
- 100 g Cacao Nibs
- 0.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the softened spread with the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg replacer and Vanilla.
- Add the sifted flour, salt and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the Nibs.
- Spoon dessertspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between the biscuits.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, depending on how crisp or soft you like your cookies.
- Leave to cool on the sheets and then apply to mouth.
Nutritional Information Disclaimer
The automated nutritional information on my recipes can often be inaccurate due to the limitations within the programming. For exact measurements, there are lots of apps and websites that can calculate this information more accurately.
These cookies look fantastic and so easy to make. Thanks for such a great recipe!
Kayla DiMaggio says
These cookies were so delicious! I love cacao nib!
I love this easy recipe for these cookies! This is perfection, will make this again for sure!
I loved these vegan cacao nib cookies! They're not overly sweet and had such a delicious texture to it.
I love your cookie recipes! This one is another hit, so delicious!! I'm baking them again for my friends 🙂
Yum! These cookies look very delicious. Love added cacao nibs. I'm going to give this recipe a try.
I really love your version of Vegan cacao nib cookies!:) YUM!