How to make a spicy cornmeal coating for tofu, vegetables and anything else you might like to coat!
PIN my Easy Spicy Cornmeal Coating to make later
I love to use this coating on deep fried Okra, but you could really use it to coat tofu, cauliflower or even roast potatoes.
- cornmeal - cornmeal adds crunch
- flour and cornflour - these help to coat
- spices - these can be adjusted according to your own personal taste
See recipe card for quantities.
Place all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl or straight into your jar
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes to the spice mix to make it extra piquant!
- Kid friendly - remove the cayenne pepper and reduce the black pepper by half
You can make the cornmeal coating well in advance and store in a glass container, it will keep for ages.
Spicy Cornmeal Coating
- 1 Jar for storing your spice mix in
- 1 cup Cornmeal I use coarse
- 2 tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 tablespoon Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder I used smoked
- Mix all of the ingredients together in your jar, place the lid on it tightly and shake well to mix.
Nutritional Information Disclaimer
The automated nutritional information on my recipes can often be inaccurate due to the limitations within the programming. For exact measurements, there are lots of apps and websites that can calculate this information more accurately.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!