How to make a spicy cornmeal coating for tofu, vegetables and anything else you might like to coat!
- cornmeal - cornmeal adds crunch
- flour and cornflour - these help to coat
- spices - these can be adjusted according to your own personal taste
See recipe card for quantities.
Place all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl or straight into your jar
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes to the spice mix to make it extra piquant!
- Kid friendly - remove the cayenne pepper and reduce the black pepper by half
You can make the cornmeal coating well in advance and store in a glass container, it will keep for ages.
Spicy Cornmeal Coating
- 1 Jar for storing your spice mix in
- 1 cup Cornmeal I use coarse
- 2 tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 tablespoon Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder I used smoked
- Mix all of the ingredients together in your jar, place the lid on it tightly and shake well to mix.