- 500 g Potato baked and diced
- 200 g Onion diced
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil or vegetable oil of your preference
- 2 tablespoon Plain Flour (you can use Gluten-Free)
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- 500 ml Water
- 30 g Tapioca Starch or Cornflour
- 130 g Instant Mashed Potato
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 240 ml Sour Cream vegan, Tofutti or Oatly are both great
- Fixings for the top: spring onions, tempeh crumbles, more sour cream
Bake your potatoes. Dice and put to one side.
Gently heat the oil in a large saucepan.Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent.
Stir in the flour and mix until a roux has formed. Cook gently for a couple of minutes, to get rid of that floury taste.
Add the stock, water, tapioca starch and instant mashed potato and simmer for 10minutes, until thick and creamy.
Carefully stir in the diced baked potato, add the fresh Thyme and season to taste.Simmer for another couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the thick cream. Taste once more for seasoning and serve, topped with your favourite baked potato fixins!
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 1046mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 2mg