- 260 g Plain Flour
- 150 g White Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 20 g Poppy Seeds (optional)
- 240 ml Yogurt vegan, (any plant based of your choice, plain or vanilla)
- 3 teaspoon Egg Replacer whisked up with 4 tablespoon cold water
- 60 ml Vegetable Oil
- 120 ml Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 zest of one Lemon
Preheat oven to 180c.
Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin wrappers
In a jug, whisk together the oil, yogurt, lemon juice and prepared egg replacer.
In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients except for the poppy seeds.
Stir in the poppy seeds and lemon zest.
Make a well in the middle and pour in the wet ingredients.
Stir until just combined. The mixture should still have a few little lumps.
Pour into the prepared muffin cases and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until they are risen and just spring back to the touch.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg