Sweeter Than Oats is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Easy lemon and poppy Seed vegan Muffins recipe. Sometimes breakfast is hard to navigate. I myself like to stay in bed as late as I can before grabbing something really quick to eat. On the weekend, I’m happy to prepare a long, leisurely brunch, but during the week, my favourite thing to do is prep my breakfast the night before. And yes, I know, a muffin isn’t the healthiest of breakfasts…but it IS vegan and yummy! If my vegan lemon breakfast muffin recipe isn’t your thing (and of course, there’s always lunch, brunch and lupper, as Homer Simpson would say), perhaps my Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes are more up your street, or maybe my 3 ingredient protein balls!
The mainstay of the on-the-go breakfast eater, these easy lemon poppy seed muffins are much lighter and fluffier than the dense, dried out ones you pick up, bleary-eyed, on your morning petrol run. They also take no time at all to whip up.
However, if you find that time is not on your side in the mornings, or you just prefer to spend every precious minute dozing before the alarm goes off, you can make these the night before.
How to Make Gluten Free Vegan Lemon Muffins
If you want to make the muffins gluten free, simply swap out the flour for your favourite gluten-free plain flour mix instead!
- 12 hole Muffin Tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 260 g Plain Flour
- 150 g White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 20 g Poppy Seeds (optional)
- 240 ml Vegan Yogurt (any plant based of your choice, plain or vanilla)
- 3 tsp Egg Replace whisked up with 4 tbsp cold water
- 60 ml Vegetable Oil
- 120 ml freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 zest of one Lemon
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin wrappers
- In a jug, whisk together the oil, yogurt, lemon juice and prepared egg replacer.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients except for the poppy seeds.
- Stir in the poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Stir until just combined. The mixture should still have a few little lumps.
- Pour into the prepared muffin cases and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until they are risen and just spring back to the touch.